Monday, December 10, 2007

Candle

In the night
You unravel like a spring flower
Your light meets my face and pauses briefly as if it remembered something but then moves on.
I want to answer every question you leave unasked.
Desire that you burn like winterwood, warming us and keeping us still
like the wires and boxes. We sit around you in a perfect circle - if only someone painted us now, then we'd remain here.
We never tire of speaking except when we want the pleasure of silence,
To witness your beauty, veiled in blue but always falling apart.

****************
Now that your unraveling in complete
You lie alone, a thing of beauty on the floor
And we have all crawled away like little ants to our own solitude in the wall.
How long shall you lie there Joy? Through every kind of delirium.
Fallen thing, your colors change with every passing hour.
That Autumn turns to grey is an eventuality we can no longer deny.
You keep your dreams of last night in every dying horn that shall blow and every layer
of dust that will take you farther away from our vision. Red flower
I fear holding you in my arms when I know you shall crumble away like love.
But I cannot leave you here or give you up to strangers or their feet.
Jailbird I must make you mine atleast in my small mind and see you wither away until I forget even to look at you through the door hole.
That day you shall truly have died like Summer.
Candle in the morning
We have been cruel in love but it always was for the best.

1 comment:

Aazar said...

...and what's the use of this world, you say...

...where words don't mean a thing.

And i got many songs in my head,

...but you're the reason i sing...

keep writing + posting!!