Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Maid

Girl of so many colours
I would never have known had she not asked
For a bright pink dress last diwali.
And so I had picked the one I hated the best.
She loved it.

Girl wants smooth skin
As smooth as the lotions on my dressing table will make it
In my sick mind I can't allow it.
And so I ignore the roses she leaves on the bed while I'm asleep.

Girl of bright sparkling eyes
Talks back like any other teenager
But she's different, when she bends down to clean our dirt.
Mutineer, I must be revolting to you in my sunday garb, cigarette in hand.

Girl wanted more
More is not as much, but I can't give her anything
So she stole what she could not have.

Girl runaway.
Does your laughter still ring in someones ears?
Or have you grown up; still as if you were dead.
Dead to your fate.

1 comment:

Aazar said...

...the picture kept will remind me...

this was very very good...and the sad thing is that many wont feel the way you did while writing this poem...though that shall purge none, but this poem was truly more than just words.