Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Her Secret










This secret of ours. Shall we throw it to the wind?

And follow the trail, to where it all began.

I could not bear it if time were to stop here and no one knew,

What a moon eats that makes it so full.


Shall I tell or will you?

Or should we build another maze,

Intricate enough only for whispers.


Keep quiet! Don't breathe

So our faces grow red.

Red eyes could mean so many things.


Laugh suddenly, its mine to spend as I choose

For you I can spare some at midnight.

And sadness what of it?

Except when we try to catch a second but its too quick for us.


Fill Time up, and take a sip, roll it on your tongue,

words flow from her, even when Time is bitter.


Secrets are meant to be told on summer days she said

But winter came so suddenly, lasted too long.


----------------------------------------------------------------


Inspired by Christina Rossetti's(Fascinating, Beautiful, Manic Depressive Victorian Poet) poem "Winter:My Secret". Here's a link to her secret...











1 comment:

Aazar said...

''photogenic shoes''....??


hahaha...and no one shall know!
I loved this!

Keep writing!